...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Monday, April 10, 2006

I didn't know how right I was...

...when I said that I had some major life changes in the works. The same day of my last post, Dr. Lytle called me...and they let me go. Apparently, they "just didn't have enough work to do to justify paying me to come in." I'm supposed to believe that...when they just hired another front desk person? Anyway, so now I'm minus one job...but still working on campus. That gives me at least two months and possibly all summer to find a new job and today I had a job interview. I had the job interview from Hell, to be exact.

I interviewed at a law office close to Maryville. I was supposed to be there at 1 p.m. I wasn't sure what to wear, and finally decided on all black--but my shirt was sleeveless, which worried me a bit. Still, no pressure. It's a good job--20 or 24 hours a week, $10 an hour, will fit in great with my schedule next semester and over the summer. I wanted it. Badly. And then I was late.

I left Maryville at 12:25 p.m. I thought it was right up the road and it was, but I took a wrong turn. Not being familiar with St. Louis streets (except the ones I use all the time), I didn't know that there's a Ballas Rd. and a New Ballas Rd. and both of them have North and South sections, too. I headed South on Ballas, which somehow actually took me North and I wound up on the other side of the city. I called Information, and the number they gave me was WRONG, so I couldn't even call. Finally, almost in tears, I stopped at an insurance office and the lady was really great. She said she had a daughter around my age and would want someone to help her, so she helped me find the number and printed me out directions.

When I called, Tricia, my interviewer was very understanding. I managed to make it there only a half hour late (pfft...only..) and then I had the interview. It was short, sweet and to the point. Then I had a typing test...she gave me an example of the way they type letters. Then she gave me a sheet with formatting instructions. I followed those instructions to the letter, and the two sheets couldn't have looked more different. I don't know if I did well with it or not, and it took me a whole half hour for something that should have taken ten minutes (I spent lots of time confused). Basically, I don't feel like I put my best foot forward today and I don't like that. I don't think I will get this job, and I wanted it.

And now I get to go to class. Yay for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home