...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Monday, March 13, 2006

It's been a little minute...

...since I posted anything.

Um...last week was spring break. I didn't do anything except work for the first part of the week. I was tired, and cranky...and Joshua and I fought a lot. It was fun. LOL...

I went home to Iowa on Thursday night and then spent the whole weekend in Chicago with my mom and her friend. It was really nice. The hotel we stayed at was located on the Hamburger University campus. Yeah...Hamburger University. It's where McDonald's trains all of their store managers and owner/operators. Not to mention, their world headquarters. So basically, I was in a place where they have an upscale, Starbucks-esque Mickey D's on every corner. The hotel was beautiful, and it was on a lake. They had big screen plasma tv's in all the rooms, an olypmic sized swimming pool and a humongous hot tub that had three parts. I definitely think I'll be taking my honeymoon there...you know, ten years from now.

Our hotel was in the the rich, "old-money" part of Chi-town. All the homes out there cost at least $3 million. I don't think I'll ever make that much money in my life...but it was gorgeous. We went shopping at the mall next to the hotel--it had Burberry, Prada, Coach, etc. and all those kinds of stores. Nothing in there cost less than $200 unless it was like a white undershirt...and then it cost like $80. Needless to say, I didn't buy a damn thing. But it was cool to see how the other half live.

We rode the trains, we took the bus, we did taxis...we ate at nice restaurants, and had cocktails (non-alcoholic for me) at the John Hancock building on the 96th floor. We saw a play, we swam, we shopped. It was really nice. I won't go into every single thing that we did, but it was a nice little vacation. It was good for me to get away from all the problems in my everyday life--school, work, friends, boyfriends, growing pains. And then my dad ruined it when my mom and I got home on Sunday. But that's another story for another day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deadpool said...

Well if you stop ripping people nuts off with a whip then maybe somebody would buy you a $3 mil home and take you on a New York style shopping spree!

See ya!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home