...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I'm positive

Yep. The test came back positive. I'm having a baby! I'm really excited--thrilled, even. I estimate that I'm about 3.5 weeks along, so there's still some time to wait, but I'm so happy. I'm only just now mentioning it because Joshua and I had to go through a long process of deciding whether or not to have the baby or abort. Obviously, we decided to carry full term, and now things are back to normal.

We decided on a financial plan, and if everything goes well...all should be set by the time the baby arrives in October. My mom is happy because I think this will be her chance to have a grandchild that she doesn't have to worry about being yanked away by an angry baby's momma, or my sister who is going through her own things. My mom is also upset, though, because she doesn't think that Josh deserves me, or that he's a good guy...or yada yada yada. I'm always amazed because everyone thinks that. Yet when you ask people...what makes a good guy? They say, well he's got a job, and a car, and he respects you, and loves you, and takes care of his kids and is a good dad, and on and on. Josh does all of that for me and more. What more could I ask for?

Anyway, I'm also resigned to the fact that some of the people I thought were friends and that I trusted with this information aren't trustworthy. I knew it, but I didn't want to think so. It doesn't matter, though. I don't need friends that don't support me and care about me, and that take joy from thinking that I might be in pain. I'm really happy that I'm about to be a momma, and no one's going to take that from me by trying to talk down to me or talk about me, or anything like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home