...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Why is everyone so bitchy?

Tonight's practice both rocked and sucked. Why did it rock? Because the group I'm in hit their stunts (although I'm in the group, I'm not a base in that particular stunt sequence) and then we hit our dance. Why did it suck? Because girls are bitches.

Why is it people can't behave like college students long enough to work through a stunt sequence? One of the bottom girls got mad at the flyer because she doesn't support her own weight, which makes it tough for them to support her. Then the flyer got mad because she said she can't help it if her ankle rolls and they need to compensate. Personally, I think they're both right and they're both wrong.

Firstly, it is NOT a base's job to just put this girl up and hold her there for however long--as the flyer you have got to be supporting your own weight up there or there is no way we can hold you up there. Secondly, if the flyer's ankle rolls, yes the bases do need to compensate, BUT the flyer also needs to be doing her part to prevent it from happening. The point is that it's a team effort and they weren't behaving like a team. I got a good work out though...I'm well on my way to a six-pack...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home