...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The Perfect Man

I was watching VH1 today and Celebrity Weddings 2004 was on. Joy Enriquez and Rodney Jerkins were on it and they were talking about how each of them before meeting had been praying for God to send them their "perfect" mate and how Joy had even written hers down. I figure, if it can work for them, why not me too?

Then I got to thinking about it...what is my perfect man like? At this point, I think I want someone:

  • Honest. Brutally honest, I would much rather be hurt by the truth than a lie, and not only must he be honest, but he needs to be able to deal with my honesty, too.
  • Confident, but not arrogant. There's a very fine line here...I want someone that knows what he wants and that he can (and will) get it, but it won't just be handed to him because he's him.
  • Intelligent as well as articulate. Communication is key.
  • Hard-working. Work ethic is a must. I don't want someone that complains about what he doesn't have or what isn't going right and doesn't work to change it. Be productive.
  • Goal-oriented. I'm going somewhere and I want someone else that's going somewhere too. Now, at this point I'm not sure where I'm going, so he doesn't need to be either, but I want someone that wants something out of life.
  • Personable. Personality is a must...why would I waste my time otherwise? This covers odd interests (and having interests outside of SEX is a must), hobbies, sense of humor, thirst for knowledge, etc.
  • Understanding. I need someone (and maybe he doesn't even exist) that understands me. I know that will be hard, because I don't understand me just yet, but I need someone willing to try. Be there for me when I need support, back off when I need space, celebrate my triumphs, comfort me when I'm sad, in return I'll do all of that and more.
  • Mature. This isn't necessarily an age thing. I know that everyone has their immature moments (hello...this is ME, LOL), but on the whole, I want someone that doesn't act like he's still in high school.
  • Open-minded. I'll try anything once, twice if I like it. I need someone to experience life with me.
  • Socially-conscious. Not to say I wouldn't date a conservative, but I want someone that respects my opinions and has informed ones of his own.
  • Sexy. Notice it says "sexy," not "drop dead gorgeous." Firstly, I don't think I'll ever date a pretty boy. Secondly, how "cute" or "hott" someone is has nothing to do with how sexy they are (think Vin Diesel, Lenny Kravitz and The Rock...all ugly as sin and sexy as hell). Sex appeal is a wonderful thing because it varies from person to person...for some it can be their eyes, the way they walk, the way they move in general, it can even just be the air around them. A little sex appeal can go a long way to making someone attractive.

I think this list covers everything. Now, I'll just pray over it and hopefully Prince Charming will show up someday, even if it's not for 5 or 10 years. Hehehe....hopefully I get to kiss a few frogs first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home