...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

"I'm in and I'm in to win."

Happy New Year!

I could spend paragraph upon paragraph talking about the holidays and Edward Jones and school and Josh and, well, everything. But I won't. This post isn't about me. Well, not directly. Suffice it to say that all is more than well in my world. I'm having a great time, and the big 2-1 is right around the corner. Now, let's talk politics.

What a great time it is to be a young, liberal college student! Coming into the 2008 presidential election, the competition is already heating up and I am ecstatic. Hillary Clinton is running. Barrack Obama is running. John Edwards is running. Hell, even Tom Vilsack (former Iowa governor, who I just happened to campaign for twice) is running. Now, I'm not actually thrilled about all these people. Vilsack doesn't stand a chance, especially not against some of these other Democratic heavyweights.

Hillary is intensely polarizing, which may make her a less than ideal candidate. But I like her. She's smart, capable, and although people often ridicule her for being mannish, she's exactly what a businesswoman should be. In her announcement message she said, "I'm in and I'm in to win." Could she have said it better? And I think she just might.

I like Barrack Obama and John Edwards is gorgeous! (FYI: he's also intelligent, well-spoken, and a good guy)

I wonder how my liberalism will effect me now that I work at a very conservative investment firm. Or vice versa. My perspective on the world is quickly becoming more broad and more informed. I feel good. I'm a young woman, standing at the beginning of my adult journey--and I couldn't be in a better position. I don't know how prepared I am, but I feel like my life is headed in a great direction. Looking forward to a fresh start in the White House is only making my rose colored world have a deeper hue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home