...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Playing Catch-up

It's been days since I've posted anything, so I thought I'd write a catch-up post.

I didn't do a damn thing all weekend, which is both good and bad. Good because not doing anything is fun. Bad because I had some stuff that it would have been wonderful to get finished and over with.

Saturday we judged a high school cheer competition at Forest Park Community College. The cool thing was, most of the kids were vision impaired, if not blind. And they rocked! I'm not being sarcastic in the least. They put so much heart into it, you'd have to be made of stone to not get into it. And they were pretty good, too, considering their physical limitations. It was a learning experience and something that I'd be glad to do again. Plus, I got a really awesome (if oversized) T-shirt.

When I got back from the competition, Jen and her husband Mike were here packing up her stuff. Yep...I have my own room now. Well, technically, they could put someone in here at any time unless I pay an extra $500, which I'm not planning to do. But it's likely that I will continue to have the room to myself, so everyone pray for me. Now I just need to find the time to re-decorate. Half the room is empty right now, and I'm going to rearrange the furniture and stuff.

I also had a nice long "talk" with my mom on Saturday. What that amounts to is that somehow I managed to take us from really good "what's going on in your life conversation" to a knock-down drag out fight. I even cried like a little punk-ass bitch. I figure it was good though, because obviously we needed to clear the air about some things that happened last year. And now I need to call my sister and talk to her.

In other news, my Aunt Sonja (Dad's sister) has lung cancer. Apparently she was just diagnosed and it's really severe. Oddly enough, she's never smoked. She had breast cancer about 2 years ago and has been being treated. I really hope she's ok. Or that at least she won't suffer long. I'll pray for her. I need to call, but I feel like it's too late to call right now.

I think that's about all I've got for now...well, all that's fit to print, LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home