...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

I'm in shock

One of my friends from high school just called to tell me that a boy we went to school with (he was two years ahead of us) died this weekend in a drunk driving accident. The driver hit him and his dad and killed them both. I feel so bad for his sister. Personally, I'm in shock.

I just keep thinking about how unfair it is that two people had to die because of one person's stupidity and selfishness. I'm also just thinking about how unfair it is that I've known so many young people that have died. Young people aren't supposed to die. And certainly not like that.

I'm so sorry to hear about Jeremy's death. He was an incredible person--smart, funny, talented, artistic, religious, spiritual--when he walked into a room his presence lit up everything and everyone. I don't know one person that didn't love him. We were both in Children's Theatre together with his sister, and I remember how he stole every scene he was in. The kids just loved him. Everyone did.

I guess I'll just keep him in my thoughts and my prayers.

Edited to ponder: Why in the first moments of my shock did I reach for the phone and call someone that not only can't help, but wouldn't want to? I swear I get dumber and dumber as time goes by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home