...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Changes

I told this guy in my communications class that I would write a paper for him (for a price, of course) and then completely forgot about it. The paper is an expanded definition of a word and not really that difficult so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to write. I picked "love" from the list of terms his teacher gave him and decided to go back to my thoughts on love that I posted on this blog for inspiration. In doing that, I ended up reading some of my October posts.

It's weird that October seems like so long ago because it really wasn't long ago. I have changed so much since October then, it's crazy. I was reading my posts and thinking, I'm not still this person, yet I am still this person. I'm definitely not as happy-go-lucky because now I have some different worries to deal with, yet I am the same person still on the road to discovery.

Then I got to thinking about all the changes that have taken place this year. This year has been amazing for me. This time last year, I didn't even know where I wanted to go to college. And then magically, in less than two months, I knew and I had the majority of my education financed. I don't believe for one second that I made the wrong choice--Maryville is where I needed to be at this point in life. I've also become more responsible and more self-aware. It's hard for me to recognize all the changes that I've had this year, but I know that I'm a different and slightly better version of who I was. Hopefully I'll be saying the same thing next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home