...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Friday, November 26, 2004

The Sickness, "Alexander," and the ASD returns

The Sickness:

I feel awful. Me, Momma and Auntie Felisha went out to dinner at Gator's tonight and it was really nice. I had steak and some other shit and I ate too much, so now I feel like I'm going to "lose" it all. Add to that a headache and a chill that won't quit and you've got more sickness. I swear...I just want to be well for a whole damn month. A whole month.

"Alexander:"

I saw "Alexander" last night...I drove up to B-town and went all by myself (more on that later). It is very long--3 hours in fact. Now, I love blockbusters ('specially summer blockbusters) and epics as much as the next person and this was definitely one, but for some reason it struck me as spectacular, fantastic and boring. Angelina Jolie was captivating (and I'm not really a fan of hers), Colin Farrell was inspiring (most especially before the first big battle) and Jared Leto was hott. I didn't need to see Rosario Dawson naked, though (what is going on with her nipples? They look abnormal...). The effects were good, acting was good, battle scenes were gory, yet overall the movie couldn't hold my attention. What's wrong with that picture?

Return of the Anti-Social Disorder:

Yep...I can feel the onset of a prolonged ASD attack. I think I figured out the cause too...the entire time I've been at Maryville, I've wondered at my ability to be around others and do the whole companionship thing for long periods of time. This is my first extended break from Maryville and I've noticed that slowly I slipped back into old habits...spending more and more time alone, doing things alone, etc. I'm a little sad that I'm back to the SSDD, but also, I missed my more anti-social side. Strange, I know...but it's part of who I am--sometimes I just want to be by myself--and going for such long periods of time without wanting to be alone was starting to worry me. No matter, though. Come Sunday I'll probably be right back to being the happy go-lucky "I want everyone to love me" character that I seem to have become. Til then though...I'm going to sleep, LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home