...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Saturday, November 06, 2004

Nothing But God

Sometimes I swear that God has a plan for me that I don't yet see or understand. Today is one of those days. Nothing profound happened...but it was still quite odd. I've been taking a prescription lately, but I didn't want my mom to know. I'm not dying or anything, but I wasn't ready to share this information with her just yet (also an oddity--I tell her just about everything). This morning on her way to work, she happened to see the pill bottle in my purse because the zipper is broken. This is the same woman who never sees ANYTHING in the morning. Not notes on the mirror, the door, her checkbook, her wallet or even on her steering wheel...yet she saw a pill bottle in my open purse and stopped long enough to read (and remember) the name of the medication. Anyone that knows my mom, knows that all of this is a miracle...and must have been God working to clue her in to what is going on with me. When she got home from work, she questioned me about it and of course I was angry for a minute, I mean...in my mind she was snooping. But I know that she doesn't snoop and that something must have really been out of place for her to stumble upon this information. So she looked up the name of the meds and knows what's going on now. I can't say I'm mad...I planned to tell her anyway, just not right this minute. She didn't get mad, didn't yell...and we haven't really talked it out...but it's enough just to know that she knows and that we will talk. God really works in mysterious ways, I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home