...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I'm not afraid of the terrorists...

I'm afraid of George W. Bush. I'm afraid of what the world will be like with four more years of a Bush presidency. I'm afraid that I won't have a job when I graduate from college. I'm afraid that I won't be able to afford to graduate. I'm afraid of WW3, which in my mind has already started. I'm afraid that the US is going to go from a superpower to a 3rd world country (think that sounds extreme? Well, I believe it can and likely will happen with Dubya as President.). I'm afraid for the environment and the economy. I'm afraid for a woman's right to choose. I'm afraid for the poor and working class of this country. I'm afraid for the seniors that won't get healthcare or social security. I'm afraid of being drafted. I'm afraid of my brothers being drafted. I'm afraid of U.S. bankruptcy. I'm afraid of the possibility of nuclear or biological warfare. I'm afraid that I won't be alive to be afraid in four years. Now maybe all of this is very extreme, but for me it's a real fear. I am afraid...very afraid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home