...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Sunday, November 07, 2004

I believe in the power of prayer

I have to, I've seen it do too many good things. It has helped me go to college, helped my sister and one of my cousins get better from life-threatening illnesses, and generally puts me at peace.

The reason prayer is on my mind right now is that I was skimming through the new posts at the Council Chambers. One of the posters, Dante Claracuzio (a right-winger, who from what I can tell [keep in mind I don't actually know this person] is about as typical as a conservative Republican gets), posted about how the Liberals are losing us this war, etc. He also stated that now he has more hatred for and wants us to kill all the "brown people" in Iraq.

When I read this, all I could think is that his attitude is the exact attitude that caused the terrorists to attack us on Sept. 11, 2001. That attitude is the same attitude that we don't understand and despise in our enemies abroad. And that attitude will get us nowhere. What good comes of hating an entire people? What good comes of hating an entire people that you don't even know? I started to post a comment that I would be praying for him. I hope that at some point he wakes up and realizes just how hurtful a negative attitude like that can be. More than likely, however, he won't, and that's why I didn't bother to post the comment. But I think I will still pray for him...a little prayer never hurt anyone, and if anything it may just do him a world of good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

Thank you. I'm trying so hard to become a better person, and prayer is a big part of that for me. I just want to share it with others without it seeming like I'm forcing it on them.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home