...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Have I just been wasting my time?

I've been cheerleading for 5 years (7 if you count middle school pep squad). I don't do it because I'm good; I do it because I like it (maybe I love it even?) and I want to improve. Today is the first time I have ever, EVER wanted to cry at cheerleading practice. This college thing is such a different world from my high school days and it bothers me because I feel like no matter how well I'm doing, it isn't good enough.

I was never a flyer, which in cheerleading terms is the skinny girls that get tossed in the air. I was also never a base (the people that throw) because I'm not very strong, but in the last couple weeks I've been put in a basing spot on a Liberty. This is a simple collegiate stunt, but a difficult high school one, and for someone like me that hasn't had years of basing experience, it's really hard. I'm giving 110%, but as usual it isn't good enough. Today was one of my hardest practices ever and I was close to giving up. What happened to the me that I used to be? I never even used to contemplate quitting--in any serious sense. I don't like feeling like a failure. I probably hate feeling like a failure worse than being a failure. I'm kind of depressed...I hope I can get over it long enough to finish my homework....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home