...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Another Random Thought

I was driving home tonight from a busy day of running around after my brother (and if I didn't love him so much, I would probably hate his guts) and it was dark. As I kept checking my rearview mirror, I saw some shadows and headlights and things and briefly thought someone was sitting in my backseat. This got me thinking...what would I do if Jesus was in my backseat? Or my passenger seat...or if I was in His presence just in general?

So as I'm driving along (now very paranoid that the Lord was going to be sitting next to me any moment), I was coming up short. I had no idea how I would react. I imagine that at first I would be startled and jump, I know that I'd do this because I'm a big baby and sometimes I jump at my own shadow. But then what?

After more thinking, I think that I would probably react with fear. I would be afraid of the Lord because He sees everything and He knows everything about me, including things that I don't know and have yet to discover. I would be ashamed, too, of things that I've done in my life time and I would be sorry. I would be so incredibly sorry for some things that I've done, especially here lately.

How would Jesus react to me? With anger? I doubt it. I'm not sure how He would react. Would He speak to me? Would I be able to answer back? Maybe I would be so awed that I wouldn't be capable of speech. But then, would that really matter? I mean...He's Jeus, for crying out loud, I'm sure He already knows my heart and all the things I would want to say. So all of this has me thinking...and it also has me a little uneasy. But eventually I will know the answers to my questions, because someday I will meet with Jesus. And hopefully I will walk with Him and talk with Him, too. I guess until then I can only wait...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home