...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Friday, April 28, 2006

My sister built a house...

...and I'm so mad. Well, not really. Really I'm very happy for my sister and her husband. What I'm not happy about is this idea she has that everything in her life must be kept secret from the people that care about her. Building a house is a very long, time consuming, expensive event in a person's life...yet she did the whole thing without telling anyone. Not my mom, not my brother, no one. She has this weird thing about privacy, but it's like she wants to cut herself completely off from her family. It's, well, strange.

Now me on the other hand, I'm also trying to buy a house. I haven't really said anything to anyone, but only because we're in the preliminary stages. When it gets to the point that we've got a lender lined up and it's definitely going to happen, of course I will let my family know. I'm not just going to move and then send an e-mail saying, "By the way, we had a house built and we're all moved in." I just don't want to cause a big family freak-out before it's necessary, and there will be a freak-out. I'm twenty years old and unmarried. My sister, on the other hand, is 33 years-old, married, and has a child. Everyone would have been very supportive. But oh well. You can't change folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home