...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

It's almost that time...

Well, it's been a crazy month. I can't really think of anything in particular that has happened; it's been kind of a blur. Tomorrow, Joshua, Naomi and I are headed to Florida for the holiday. I'll be meeting his parents for the first time. I should be nervous, but I'm not. I don't really care if they like me or not. Maybe that's a bad attitude, but really...I can't please everyone and I'm tired of trying. I've started to feel a little more like my old self lately, and the people in my life are either going to have to take that or leave it.

I've set a long term goal--I want to buy a house by the time I'm 25. That's five short years from now. I opened a savings account and am now working on the down payment. My goal is to save $100 a month, but I know that I will save at least $40. If I save $100 a month, I'll have more than $6000 in five years. That's nothing really, for a down payment on a house, but it's something. Besides...if I get a better job, I'll start saving more. I know that I can make this happen...and I really want to.

I had an epiphany the other day. All my babies are grown up. I realized that my nieces and nephews are all growing up and getting older. My oldest girls are almost 12 now, and my youngest is 3. Well, except Michaela, but she lives so far away that I never see her. None of them are babies. I'm feeling some empty nest syndrome. Somebody better have some babies and they better do it soon. It's totally conceivable that in 2 to 4 years I'll be having my own babies...but what until then? One of my brothers or sisters better produce a baby, and but quick.

Speaking of babies, I'm more obsessed with names than ever before. I can't believe this hobby has been going for 12 years strong. I'm constantly adding new names to my list, which is getting longer and longer. I need somewhere to put all these names, with notes. I wonder if I could create a program in Excel? I would need to be able to enter in names, pronunciation, recent popularity, any other notes (such as combo suggestions, how much I like it, where I heard it...etc), and I'd need the database to automatically alphabetize itself and be searchable. I should ask Joshua to help me create a program.

Recent additions:

Kathleen
Claudia
Estella/Estelle
Carrie-- haven't decided which spelling I like
Lorraine
Elaine
Sydney
Sela

Timothy
Aaron
Titus

Anyway...that database would keep me busy for a really long time. I'm really going to have to work on it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

Hey...I started cussing in 4th grade, too. Yeah...the parent thing went ok, I'll write about it later.

I'm glad basketball seems to be going well--are you playing more, now? Be careful, Tim. :-)

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home