...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Random Thoughts IV

Isn't amazing the things people remember? I was about get in the shower when I remembered a joke that my first crush once told me. It was a blonde joke and it includes the word "shit." I was 8 years old at the time and he was 9, so whether it was funny or not I laughed just because he said "shit." Ten years later I still laughed, not necessarily because he said "shit," but because we were in church when he told it to me. It makes me smile to think I'm not the only person who has trouble remembering not to cuss in church.

Reminiscing about that also made me remember the end-of-the-year awards assembly that same year (I was in second grade, he was in third). This is so silly, but I actually remember him getting a perfect attendence award and me thinking right then and there that I was going to marry him. LOL...the things an 8 year old mind can come up with. Of course, I also used to think that secretly he was a prince and that when we grew up and got married (at 18--YIKES!) I would get to be a princess. I hate to admit it, but I was once one of those bratty little kids that now get on my last fucking nerve.

I don't know why I posted this...it just seemed like something interesting that wasn't of a depressing nature for once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home