...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Friday, March 18, 2005

Why...

Why do people say hurtful things to others? I guess that I'm probably just being overly-sensitive, but today one of my friends said something that hurt me a lot. We were talking about general stuff and I said that I was going to look at an apartment today and she's like, "Oh, are you staying up here for the summer?" I said, "Well, if God can work something out for me then yes." Then she laughed and said, "That's funny coming from you." She went on to tell me that the way I talk ( I swear, a lot) and things I do make if funny for me to believe in God. That hurt. Especially because she's said a couple hurtful things to me in the past few weeks.

It hurt most because I feel like I can never just be who I am and be accepted. I cuss. I cuss a lot. I'm doing much better recently, but the point is still the same--that doesn't mean I cannot and do not love God. It bothers me that in her mind the two are mutually exclusive. I guess it got under my skin because I feel like people are always critiquing me and I always come up short. Oh, well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home