...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

It has been a crazy, crazy week...

...but I can't say it's been bad. I even had fun at cheerleading. We played Fontbonne today and we won both games. We kicked their cheerleaders' asses for the second time this season and all of our stunts hit, including the backbend lib, the split-catch, and Abby's lib (which I'm in). It was a long day, but the weather was absolutely beautiful. I'm loving this 60 degree weather--in freakin' February.

I went down to Soulard for Mardi Gras with a few of my cheer buddies...it was great. I think I came home with like 5 lbs. worth of beads, but I won't discuss what I did to get them, LOL. Actually, it wasn't that bad. People gave me most of them. My best strand is a gold one with a Barcardi charm on it--it lights up.

I went to see "Ray" last night...ABC showed it on campus. Good movie. Excellent acting, especially by the boy that played little Ray Charles. I cried several times.

What else did I do this week? Not much really. Just school and work and more school and more work. Thursday night I attempted to get ahead in the homework game...but it was a half-hearted attempt. I did get my homework done for my Friday class and I watched Hero. Then I fell asleep. Tomorrow (Sunday) is homework/laundry/clean-my-room day. Let's see how much of each I actually get accomplished, LOL.

My mom is supposed to be coming in next weekend. I also have the Hip-Hop Summit and the University Scholar's Day going on. Hopefully it will be fun. The internet is out in my room, so in order to blog I need to be in the lab. Until they get it fixed I probably won't be on a regular blog schedule. Anyway, I'm going to hit the shower and go to bed...

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott M. Stirling said...

Hi Cheri,

Thanks for your comment on my blog. You're a beautiful young woman. I liked your picture.

Who grows up ever, completely? The "inner child" is always with us. Human beings grow up and think there is always more to grow, but after a while the only "growing up" that can happen is spiritual, and that's an off and on process through our entire lives, usually.

I like your blog. I too struggled to get to college and get through it. I worked really hard and graduated summa with a degree in Classics. Now I am a computer programmer and writer.

Take care. Keep in touch. You can email me if you like. Enjoy your life. Love yourself.

Scott

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home