...according to Jaime...

I know everything--or nothing--depending on the day. I know that the world is full of beautiful colors, beautiful words, and beautiful things. I don't know what my part in it is. Well, I don't know...yet.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Was it my perfume?

I went out with a friend from high school tonight. Originally a group was going, but it ended up being the two of us (mainly because I was already dressed and I was damned if I wasn't going somewhere). It was really nice though because it gave us both a chance to catch up now that she's going to school in Illinois and I'm in Missouri. It was also a weird experience for me.

One of the reasons I don't like going out where I live is because I don't get noticed. That probably shouldn't matter, but it does. I spent my whole life not being noticed by members of the opposite sex. I figured that once high school was over that would change, but it didn't. Now that I'm in a new environment though (STL...I love the 'Lou) that has changed a little, but not much. When I went out with my brother last week, I remembered why I hate going out around here...it's like high school all over again. And like in high school, I just do my own thing and make my own fun. After 18 years, I'm pretty damn good at it, too. I decided to do just that tonight. Usually when I go out I fuss over what I'm going to wear and how I'm going to do my hair and my make-up and whatever whatever, but tonight I was just like "fuck it, I'm going out and I'm going out however the hell I want to." My mom said I looked good, but she always says that, LOL.

So I got dressed just for me. I didn't put a lot of extra thought into "looking cute," I just wanted to feel good. And I did. No make-up...spent 5 minutes on my hair...and I went out with my friend with the intention of just dancing and making small talk. Within five minutes (no lie) of being in the club, I had a guy attached to my hip. Don't ask me how it happened cuz I don't know. But it was like that ALL night. It was so weird. The minute I quit giving a damn about who was there and who was watching, I ended up having to beat guys off with a stick. I don't know what it was. Maybe it was my perfume? LOL...I don't wear this one often, but I really think that's it. Or maybe it was my attitude. Who knows? What's funny though is that I had more fun tonight than I've probably had in the last four years of being in high school and my first semester of being in college.

We're supposed to be going out on Saturday night as a New Year's celebration (who knows what I'm doing Friday). I'm really excited. I'm going to go and do my thing and hang with my girls from high school and I'm going to have fun. I think that attitude of "I'm going to have fun dammit" really works. So I guess we'll see...

2 a.m. Wednesday night/Thursday Morning...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

Nope. And when they tried to get mine I told them I lived in STL...the last thing I need is a black Rob...

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home